January 28, 2009

A tear for Domino Magazine.

Is my subscription notice the kiss of death for the magazines I love?

It was announced this morning that Domino Magazine's last issue will be March 2009 and I am terribly saddened by this news. Brandon gave me their book for Christmas and since we moved into our apartment I have grown to simply love flipping through each new issue. The editor's seemed to gravitate towards the unattainable in recent months, something I noticed in particular while looking through the February issue was unlike other publications who are focusing on more affordable solutions, Domino continued to feature the very high-end which showed they were out of touch with most the readers. I didn't receive this month's in the mail (think it was swipped from the lobby of my building) and when I saw it in the store, I was hesitant to buy it since it was so slim. I should have known then that they didn't have strong enough ad sales.

Disregarding all my 20/20 hindsight that I should have seen this coming, I will miss you Domino. Now, who wants to sell me
all their old issues?


No comments: