Roasted Asparagus Crostini with Sweet Red Pepper Topping
1 french baguette
1 bunch fresh asparagus, look for uniformly thin spears
1 small log chèvre, plain or herbed
1 jar marinated sweet red peppers
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
1/2 teaspoon white sugar
Sweet Red Pepper Topping
1. Place marinated peppers in a blender with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, white pepper, sugar and a dash of honey
2. Blend until smooth and season to taste, let sit to allow flavor to develop
Roasted Asparagus Crostini
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees
2. Slice baguette into thin rounds
3. Using a basting brush, top baguette rounds with olive oil and lightly salt
4. Place on baking sheet in one layer and cook until golden, set aside
5. Rinse asparagus and snap off tough ends, line up on a baking sheet and season with salt and pepper.
6. Use basting brush to cover asparagus with olive oil. Use about 1/4 cup.
7. Roast asparagus in the oven for about 10 minutes, checking midway for tenderness. Remove asparagus from oven when it has beautiful green color and can be pierced gently with a fork.
8. Once cooled but still warm, cut asparagus into about 1 1/2 inch pieces keeping like piece together (ends vs. tips)
9. Spread goat cheese on baguette rounds and top neatly with asparagus pieces
10. Arrange on a platter and top with sweet pepper sauce immediately before serving