March 29, 2010

Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution

Really enjoying this new series, Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution. Jamie Oliver, who if you recall used to be called the "Naked Chef" recently won the TED prize and his plan is to revolutionize the way we eat and feed our children in America (he's British). This is a cause near and dear to my heart so when I heard he had a new TV show, I was game. So far, I'm enjoying it. I might update this post at a later date once I've had a chance to digest the series.



Below is Jamie's TED Prize Plan and if you want to sign the petition to join the food revolution in America's schools (like me!), click here.

The Plan

Set up an organization to create a popular movement that will inspire people to change the way they eat. The movement will do this by establishing a network of community kitchens; launching a travelling food theater that will teach kids practical food and cooking skills in an entertaining way and provide basic training for parents and professionals; and bringing millions of people together through an online community to drive the fight against obesity. The grassroots movement must also challenge corporate America to support meaningful programs that will change the culture of junk food.

No comments: