July 20, 2009

Play Me, I'm Yours

Leadenhall Market, London

Why have I not heard about Play Me, I'm Yours until now? They've gone and placed pianos for public use all around London. How beautiful is that? I think this is an amazing project. Fill the city with light and music. Dance in the streets with your community.

Their website states:
"Who plays them and how long they remain is up to each community. The pianos act as sculptural, musical, blank canvases that become a reflection of the communities they are embedded into. Many pianos are personalized and decorated.

Questioning the ownership and rules of public space 'Play Me I'm yours' is a provocation, inviting the public to engage with, activate and take ownership of their urban environment."

A complete map of the piano's locations around London is here

No comments: